Mathematical operations with positive and negative integers and solving equations are introduced that rely on students learning abstract concepts that have no meaning in their life experience.
For example, do you think a problem like – 2 + (– 2) will remind these students of any situation they have ever encountered before in their life? However, if you show a video of 2 baseball players running away from home plate (- 2) and 2 more baseball players running away from home plate + ( – 2 ) they can see that there is a total of 4 baseball players running away from home plate (- 4 ) .
Visual65 uses the one medium everyone can relate to: video stories. Students pick a theme, such as football, basketball, soccer, baseball, cars and trucks, dogs and cats, knights, and Lions and Tigers.
They begin with basic math operations: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Course 1 goes into all the mathematical operations with positive and negative integers. Course 2 brings solving equations into the mix.
Our program is designed to give students the opportunity to learn and master mathematical concepts in a FUN and supportive setting. It works by combining interesting stories and visual aids, into totally interactive learning adventure that students love.
Our math problems are aligned with the common core standards
In our member section we have a large collection of videos depicting various math problems visualized in 3D. We are continuously working on more exciting content to cater the needs of both students and teachers. Below you can browse some examples. Please use the video full screen feature for optimal viewing or click on the image for a larger view.
The course on Integers covers the following topics with their Common Core Standards
1) Addition of Positive Integers.
2) Addition of Negative Integers.
3) Addition of Positive and Negative Integers.
4) Subtraction of Positive and Negative Integers.
5) Multiplication of Positive and Negative.
6) Multiplication of Two Negative Integers.
7) Division of Positive Integers.
8) Division of Positive and Negative Integers.
9) Division of Negative Integers.
The course on One Step Equations cover the following topics
1) Solving Addition Equations Equaling Positive Integers.
2) Solving Subtraction Equations Equaling Positive Integers.
3) Solving Addition Equations Equaling Positive and Negative Integers.
4) Solving Subtraction Equations Equaling Negative Integers.
5) Solving Multiplication Equations with Positive and Negative Integers.
6) Solving Division Equations with Positive Integers.
7) Solving Division Equations with Negative Integers.
Puppies and Kittens Theme
Lions and Tigers Theme
IN LINE WITH COMMON CORE STANDARDS